Friday 4 April 2014

Best Noir & The Whole Wide World

Hey all,

Insta-post. Prompted by my checking out the excellent Goodreads Best Noir link.

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1387.Best_Noir

THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD

Because thinking about Noir/Pulp made me think about one of my favourite damned films ever, The Whole Wide World, I thought I'd give it a quick mention. (I admit, I am into hyperbole!) You may be able to YouTube TWW World for a taster. It's about the pulp fiction author Robert E. Howard (Conan The Barbarian) and is one of those amazing films that for some reason, never really seem to have gained the attention they should have. It's circa 1996, stars Vincent D'Onofrio (instant total bonus) and I think was the first starring role for Renee Zellweger.

Hugely recommended. It is a truly brilliant film. Yeah, I'm a film geek (hangs head in shame :-)

Ciao

Jae

No comments:

Post a Comment